We’re a humble bunch at pc/nametag, so bragging about an award makes us a tad uncomfortable. But when the recognition is based solely on employee feedback, the Tag Team is proud to share the news.
The Wisconsin State Journal recently named pc/nametag a winner of the Madison Top Workplaces 2019 award based on a third-party employee survey administered by research partner Energage, LLC, a provider of technology-based employee engagement tools. This survey measured aspects of workplace culture.
“Top Workplaces is more than just recognition,” says Doug Claffey, CEO of Energage. “Our research shows organizations that earn the award attract better talent, experience lower turnover, and are better equipped to deliver bottom-line results. Their leaders prioritize and carefully craft a healthy workplace culture that supports employee engagement.”
Company culture is our top priority.
It sets the tone for the organization,” says Cat Caruso, pc/nametag’s general manager. “You want to create a culture that attracts good people who strive and grow with you. When you neglect to develop the company’s culture which encompasses a vision, core values, and unique work environment, low morale and productivity will have a negative impact on your business over time.”
I love my job because…
we have parties! Well, that's certainly true for some, but seriously, members of our Tag Team shared some positive comments about pc/nametag during the survey:
“Everyone works together to reach a common goal. No one person is working harder than anyone else.”
“I work with great people who are dedicated and care about the business and the people here.”
“I have flexible hours to still care for my kids, for doc appointments, school reasons, etc. I feel like I can talk to others freely, and managers have an open door.”
Wait: there's more!
Here's a snippet of the many short but positive reviews team members included:
- There is good inter-departmental cooperation at pc/nametag
- pc/nametag operates by strong values
- I feel genuinely appreciated at pc/nametag
- My job makes me feel like I am part of something meaningful
- New ideas are encouraged at pc/nametag
"Being in the meetings and events industry, we’re a people business, assisting planners with event solutions every day,” says Cat Caruso, pc/nametag’s general manager. “We’re honored to receive this award, and view it as an affirmation that we’re treating our employees with the same care and compassion as we do our customers.”
Part of pc/nametag's 30-plus-year success stems from the fact that we truly have fun resolving customer challenges. They present us with problems and as we're solving them, we get a strong sense of satisfaction that is almost addictive! We thrive on finding the right solutions for each unique event.
Do you love events as much as we do?
The Tag Team obviously enjoys helping planners with their events, but as a close-knit group we also love organizing company events to reward ourselves for a job well done or just “because.” Here are our most notable celebrations, although we continually find excuses to commemorate anything:
- Annual events to celebrate our legendary Badge Ribbon (with a ribbon-naming contest!), National Customer Service Week, Halloween costume party and other holiday parties
- A year-end company party that includes a two-day getaway to a popular destination
- Fat Tuesday celebration with an authentic creole spread and employees outfitted in beads, feather boas, hats and headdresses
- Weekly catered lunches during peak seasons to show how much we appreciate our hard-working team
- A tailgate party at University of Wisconsin Badger game
- And many other impromptu events
Employees are our greatest asset at pc/nametag, and we value each team member’s skills and talents. We also believe a satisfied team ensures satisfied customers and company success. So when we have success, we make sure each employee shares in it.